Wednesday, June 13, 2012

She Works Hard for the Money

Dear Readers,

I forgot to tell you that last weekend, I managed to finally get a job!  My boyfriend got an email from his college last Friday that was requesting some last minute stand-ins for some camp counselors who couldn't work during a session of the camp that is run out of the town theater.  I emailed her right away to say that I was more than interested in the position and about 15 hours, a few emails, and a phone call later, I was hired for the position!  So, next week, I get to move across the state and play acting games all day and everyday with 5-8 year olds.  I get to work with them on learning lines and monologues and poems, teach them a big song and dance number, and basically help them to find the magical fun in theatre that I did when I began performing more than 12 years ago.  I get to see them learn to love the art form that has changed me and my life for the better.  I cannot wait at all!

Today, I get to venture off for a pre-camp meeting with the super kind lady in charge of the camp.  I am very excited to meet her in person and find out exactly what next week may hold.  Until tomorrow, dear readers :)

Love, Leaza

No comments:

Post a Comment