Saturday, July 14, 2012

What About Breakfast at Tiffany's?

Breakfast of Champions: Cup o' Omelette


Happy weekend, everyone!  Today, I have another DIY project that you may enjoy.  However, this time, instead of cool clothes, we're making food!!

Now, I hate to cook.  I like to eat (most of the time) but I absolutely abhor the task of cooking.  I do not have anything against those who like to cook (those are usually the people who feed me), I just personally do not like it.  I think its partially because I do not have the patience for cooking, partially because I always mess up when trying to make something, partially because my house's gas oven/stove terrifies me (hey, I don't want to accidentally set toxic fumes free in my house!), and partially because I never know what to make.  I am a vegetarian; thus, I tend to have limited options as far as meals are concerned in my largely carnivorous family.

However, being a vegetarian, I have to be conscious of what I eat to make sure I stay healthy.  I have to make sure that I am eating food that contain enough protein and iron for me to function (otherwise, I wouldn't be able to do anything but sleep for 15-20 hours at a time).

With all of these factors considered, imagine my intrigue when I discovered a quick and easy omelette recipe: no oven/stove monster required!  I found this a few weeks ago on the comment page for an article on LaurenConrad.com (I would link the page but I can't find it anymore...sad face).  A fellow LC follower told me about this simple and delicious quick breakfast fix; I have had it for breakfast nearly everyday since!

What You Need:
  • A microwaveable coffee mug
  • 2-3 eggs
  • A variety of simple (and HEALTHY) snacks and treats to add in your omlette
  • A microwave
  • Salsa or guacamole or anything else that you enjoy topping off your eggs/omlette with (OPTIONAL)

Step 1:


Gather all of your materials.  Today, I was extra hungry so I decided to use 3 eggs instead of my usual 2.  For my snacks and treats, I chose Goya black beans, black olives (I'm addicted to these), shredded mozzarella cheese,  and a few pieces of lettuce/spinach.  I also got both Chi Chi's Medium Salsa and Giant Fresh Salsa to add at the end!

Step 2:

Crack your eggs and place in coffee mug.

Step 3:

Add your various toppings in the mug on top of the eggs.

Step 4:

Use a fork to whisk the entire contents of the mug together until the eggs and toppings are well blended.

Step 5:

Place mug in the microwave, cover it, and heat for 1 minute on 100% power.

Step 6:

Remove from microwave and stir.  Place mug back in the microwave and heat for 1 minute and 45 seconds (approximately- depends on microwave power) or until fully cooked.

Step 7:

Your mixture should have expanded and solidified completely.  Compare it to the picture!

Step 8:


Add salsa, guacamole, ketchup, nothing, or whatever you crazy kids put on your eggs.  Grab a refreshing and wonderfully healthy glass of green tea and enjoy!! :)

NOTE: The eggs will most likely stick to the mug (especially if you added cheese like me) and will be a pain to get off the insides of the mug.  To loosen the stubborn egg, soak your mug in cold water for about 10 minutes and then scrub with a dishcloth or sponge.


What do you think of this recipe?  Would you try it?  What are some other quick and easy vegetarian recipes?? Let me know!!

Love, Leaza

No comments:

Post a Comment