Monday, July 9, 2012

Give To Me Your Leather, Take From Me My Lace

Hello everyone!  I hope everyone has been keeping cool in this crazy heat.  I'm sorry I haven't been posting much, I have been incredibly busy and exhausted as of late, causing Cages or Wings? to temporarily be on the back burner.

However, in my little bit of spare time I have gotten pretty crafty.  For months I have been looking at DIY projects and admiring from afar, but recently I realized that not only are DIY projects cute and unique, they are also budget friendly (a quality that is super important to me).  As I have been working, I've noticed that I tend to veer toward projects that include lace.  Though the lace trend has been going strong for awhile now, I have recently started to love it more than ever.  I love how a simple tank or tee can go from basic to fantastic with a lace print or texture.  I have been gathering more and more lace pieces in my fashion arsenal as of late, and instead of being bored with the print, I only want more!

Why lace?  Well, about two years ago, I would not have seen myself ever being on board with this trend.  I tend to lean toward easy, casual pieces, like jeans and casual skirts and dresses.  I initially thought the whole lace trend to be stuffy, old fashioned, and grandma-esque.  However, I began to see the look's versatility on fashion blogs, in window displays, and on my college campus.  I was hooked by the personality and simplicity of the trend; it gives every outfit a bit more class and quirk.  Ever since, I simply cannot get enough!

Anna James from FashBoulevard rocking a lace skirt!

Bloggers from 
Buffalo StanceSterling StylePassport Glamourand Versicle 
showing off their trendy white lace tops!

My Lace Wish List
Lace Wishlist...

My "Lace Wishlist" includes solid colored pieces, particularly different styles of lace tops.  I especially love the unique zebra lace on the black top (left center) and the fit of the navy blue dolman shirt (top center).  I also love how cute these dresses are; they could easily be dressed up or down for any given occasion!  Lace shorts are my newest fashion crush: they add a unique twist to any ensemble and they can be styled a variety of ways quite simply.  I find the various lace accessories to be beyond adorable as well!

What do you think of the lace trend?  Are you obsessed or do you think you'll sit this one out?  Let me know!

Love, Leaza

No comments:

Post a Comment