Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Rainbow Connection

Hey, everyone!  I'm sorry that I have been MIA this week, I have not had a chance to sit down and write a post!  One of my best friends left for a study abroad trip to Australia, my brothers had lacrosse tournaments, I had a job interview, I got sick, and oodles of other things wormed their way into my life.

On Tuesday though, I got a chance to try out a new DIY; yes, they are another shorts-upcycle, but I am pretty sure that these are my favorite yet.  I got the tutorial from one of my favorite fashion blogs, College Fashion.  CF has a variety of inspiring articles, perfect for the fashionable, budget conscious, and expressive college student.

This tutorial for Tie-Dye Shorts is my favorite from their very unique DIY Chic/Fashion series.  The Tie-Dye Shorts tutorial is a way to latch on to the recent tie-dye/dip-dye/ombre/neon craze, but with the satisfaction of creating your own unique look.  I bought a box of Tulip brand tie-dye for about $6 from a local fabric and craft store.  The box included three bottles of "just add water" dye in fuchsia, teal, and yellow.  I used an old pair of white shorts from Target that my sister had borrowed and subsequently stained.  I followed the tutorial verbatim; however, I allowed the dye to soak for about 10 hours before washing and drying.  I absolutely loveeee how they turned out!  Take a look!


Bonus!!

You will likely have leftover dye when making these shorts, so in order to get the most bang for your buck, add a few more projects to the mix!  My brother asked my sister and me to tie-dye a basic white pair of his Nike socks.  We did, clearly putting our own spin on each sock.  My sister also tie-dyed a burnout cropped logo tee, which also came out pretty awesomely.  Pictures of these projects will be posted soon!!

What do you think of these projects?  Do you have any other fun, upcycling DIY projects?  Let me know!!

Love, Leaza

No comments:

Post a Comment