Wednesday, December 18, 2013

you'd think that people would have had enough of silly love songs

Hellooooooo, beautiful people!


I haven't written anything for so long and I am so excited to get back to posting!  I have had an absolutely CRAZY semester of school (not as totally insane as last spring, but still pretty jam-packed).  To show you a compacted version of the past few months, I thought it would be easiest and most entertaining to construct a photo diary for you to peruse... enjoy!!

My Semester...In Photos: 

Oh, these are just some of my best friends.  It's casual.
After finishing up my shows
"Hernando's Hideaway" from The Pajama Game
and one of the most fun jobs ever,
TIC Summer Camp! Mustache Monday!
I moved back to school.  However, instead of a normal dorm, this year, I moved into a trailer park.
Sadly, mine is not nearly this cool.
I started classes and was immediately swamped with homework.

Luckily, I'm a music major, so my homework looks more like this: 
Then my school had a gala fundraiser and all of the MT classes sang in it.
Me and my lovely friend Laura
Meanwhile, I was getting antsy because it was almost my 21st birthday!
And the Snapchats started rolling in...
Unfortunately, it wasn't until the end of September, so I had to preoccupy myself.  In the meantime, I studied,
...It's my favorite part because you'll see...
visited monuments,
Monumenting by moonlight!
and ate cupcakes.
Finally, the day arrived.  I was finally 21!!
Legally drinking!
I spent a lot of my time during the semester planning my recital.
Yes, that is actually me as a toddler...
But I was able to spare a little time for fun too.  I braved a camera makeup-less and posed for my beautiful friend's "Beauty in You Campaign", which promotes self-love and self-confidence for women everywhere:
And then, my friends and I turned Halloween into #halloweek.  My favorite day was the day we dressed up as Pretty Little Liars (my guilty pleasure TV show).  I was Aria!
'Cause two can keep a secret...
And then, for actual Halloween, my best friend and I were Sophia Grace and Rosie (from Ellen).
My semester hit a bit of a speed bump when I got really sick with pneumonia for about a month...

So I was thrilled when Thanksgiving rolled around and I could finally sleep.
I wish I could say it was just a food coma
I was also busy with a few shows throughout the semester.  I sold tickets and promoted "Company"
And I assistant directed/choreographed a Disney Cabaret to raise money for The Make-a-Wish Foundation.
Coolest. Poster. Ever. (that's really our cast!)
We raised over $500 in donations to make children's wishes come true!
This makes my soul melt.
Soon it was December 7; classes had ended and it was time for my Musical Theatre degree recital. EEK!
from my dance to "White Houses"
Post-recital sibling silliness.
After a whirlwind week of finals, it was time to go home.  I had to say goodbye to my roommate who was graduating this semester and going to Disney world to be friends with some famous mice or something...
See  ya real soon!
And in the blink of an eye, I had gone from over-booked college student to a relaxed, lazy bum, now had time to rediscover crazy things like sleep and TV and Blogger and YouTube... the list goes on.
And now, Christmas is in a mere week!  It's the most wonderful time of the year and I hope that you truly enjoy it.
I hope you've enjoyed my photo diary!  Until next time...

Love, Leaza




No comments:

Post a Comment