Sunday, October 7, 2012

Just a Little Late, You Found Me

Hellooooo, dear readers!!

I am sorry that I have been completely MIA for the past month-plus.  I moved into school to begin the semester and was instantly overwhelmed with schoolwork and extra-curriculars.  However, now I have gotten my schedule and time management pretty much under control, and I am thrilled to have a spare moment to write again!!

Mike and I pre-birthday dinner!!
So, my life from when I last posted up to this moment has been quite the whirlwind.  Being a Musical Theatre major (aka a MT), my school year started the Sunday before the rest of Catholic University's, as we had a lengthy dance placement.  As soon as classes started, I was instantly barraged with two final exams to take to test out of the fundamental music theory course that I had taught myself over the summer.  They were super stressful to prepare for, but I passed (thank goodness) and I now will likely graduate in 2014!!!  I am super excited that I am overcoming all the odds that I had faced being a transfer student into this super intense program.

The next few weeks were a mix of classes, auditions, and (not enough) sleep.  I definitely had a lot of fun when I got to visit my boyfriend Mike for his college's Homecoming weekend and dance at his school on Maryland's Eastern Shore.  I also had a blast the last weekend of September when I finally turned 20 years-old!  It was a great weekend full of good food, my family, my friends, my boyfriend, presents, and my first (and only) tattoo!!  Check it out:

It's on my inner right wrist... I love it!! What do you think??
Now, just so you all don't assume that I don't want another tattoo because it hurt or for some other wimpy reason, the actual reason is because I just do not want another.  I think that tattoos in excess can easily look ridiculous, and I'd rather have just one that meant a lot to me and accurately represented me, than waste my money on oodles of pictures that are permanently imprinted on my body for life.  Getting the tattoo was actually one of the most soothing experiences of my life; it hurt as much as my little brother scratching me and  the vibrations of the needle caused me to nearly fall asleep!!  It is currently healing according to schedule and I love it more everyday.

Currently, I am at home for Columbus Day weekend.  I went to see my high school's football field be dedicated to our deceased legendary football coach.  I saw my seventeen year-old junior sister go to her third Homecoming dance and my fifteen year-old freshman brother go to his first.  Don't they look fantastic??

Happy Homecoming!!
I also geeked out with my thirteen year-old brother (who is now taller than me and has been recently mistaken for my twin brother) when we rented The Incredible Hulk OnDemand and made hot caramel apple cider and ate way too much ice cream.  I sat through my brothers' fall league lacrosse games in the freezing cold.  All in all, I've had a lovely weekend :)

Alright, I feel as this post has been a decent summary of my life over the past month.  I am super excited to be updating Cages or Wings? again; I've missed it so much.  How have all of you been?  How are you enjoying fall thus far??  As always, let me know!!!

Love, Leaza

No comments:

Post a Comment