Sunday, October 21, 2012

If I Didn't Know Better...

Happy weekend!!  I've just spent the day working hard (on homework) at my job at my school's Music Library.  But homework can so easily become ever so tedious, especially when I'm in recovery from a week of exhaustion.  Luckily for me, I have the magical website hulu at my disposal when I am in need of a homework/study break.


Now, I am a fan of all television shows (and everything else) that incorporates music, no matter what style the music may be.  So, though I am not the biggest fan of country music, when I saw commercials for ABC's newest drama Nashville, I have to admit I was more than intrigued.  I decided to give it a chance, and I have to say, I am so glad that I did.  Though only two episodes have aired so far, I am head-over-heels for this complex and interesting television show, which of course has the bonus of featuring beautiful music.  I highly recommend that if you haven't yet seen the show, you need to watch it at your earliest convenience.  Not only is it extremely well acted, an intricate web of issues regarding family, money, love, illicit doings, mystery, and the Music City make this show fantastic.


One of my favorite characters so far is Scarlett O'Connor (played by Australian native Clare Bowen).  She is the sweet niece of Deacon Clayborne, the best friend and former flame of Rayna James, a veteran and award winning country singer.  Scarlett has recently moved to Nashville to be with her boyfriend Avery, an aspiring musician with a bad-boy streak.  She is wholeheartedly in love with Avery and unfailingly supportive of his endeavors.  Her love for him makes her completely oblivious to the obvious crush that Gunnar Scott, a sweet and gentlemanly aspiring musician, has on her.  However, she cannot deny their musical chemistry when they sing a poem called "If I Didn't Know Better" that Scarlett had written.  (If you didn't know, the beautiful song was actually a cover of a Civil Wars song by the same name).  Take a listen by clicking on the clip!!


One of my favorite things about Scarlett though is, of course, her relaxed sense of style.  It's relaxed and casual, but oozing with southern charm.  Below I created some outfits based on her sense of style.  Enjoy!

Country Cutie


Scarlett is clearly a country girl through and through.  She loves floaty dresses, boots, and earthy pastels that complement her fair complexion.

Country Cutie

For a simple and country cute ensemble, pair slouchy cowboy boots with a floaty lace dress and floral belt.  Accessorize with a charm bracelet with natural charms and a unique bohemian necklace (which Scarlett is never seen without).  If it's chilly where you live, be sure to pull on a pair of tights for extra warmth!!

Comfy Chic


When not waitressing at the iconic Bluebird Cafe, Scarlett dresses incredibly casually in simple but pretty pieces.

Comfy Chic

Classic pieces make up this look!! Pair a pale turquoise boyfriend style v-neck with a slouchy pair of boyfriend jeans. Natural-colored TOMS and a loose fit cardigan add to the comfortable nature of the ensemble.  Accessorize with a solid colored leather belt and don't forget to add a necklace!!

Fierce Florals


When on duty at the Bluebird Cafe, Scarlett is rarely seen in anything other than a ditsy floral print.  Whether the print is on a top or dress, the sweet look matches her equally lovely demeanor.

Fierce Florals

Get the look by matching a sleeveless floral-printed top with a chambray skirt and taupe cardigan.  Sheer purple tights and mid-height cowboy boots will keep your legs warm in the fall chill.  Finish the look off with her signature necklace, a skinny leather belt, and a vintage inspired metallic headband!!

Do you watch Nashville?? If so, what do you think so far?? If not, get on it!! What do you think of Scarlett and her style??  Let me know!!

Have a fantastic weekend :)

Love, Leaza

No comments:

Post a Comment