Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Star Spangled Man With a Plan

I will be the first person to absolutely admit that I am a complete nerd.  As much as I love hair and fashion and sports and pop-culture, I am a total geek at my very core.  For example, I really like to learn, and most classes in school truly fascinate me.  I love to read nearly all books that are written, and will devour them at an inhuman speed.  I love writing both stories and songs, and my favorite music consists of Disney songs and showtunes.  I adore history, particularly American; when I was younger, I used to memorize the presidents and presidential trivia for the fun of it.  I love Harry Potter and Star Wars and have just started reading and being intrigued by A Game of Thrones.

I also truly enjoy anything having to do with superheroes.  I have been fascinated by superheroes ever since my younger brothers got a copy of a Marvel Encyclopedia when I was about eight years old.  I "borrowed" it from them and quickly read it, along with all subsequent volumes that they received.  I would then Google search various superheroes, their connections throughout the Marvel and DC Universes, and their super interesting back stories.  I have read any and all superhero comic books that I have been able to get my hands on over the years.

The Hollywood takeover of the superhero universes is absolutely wonderful in my opinion, especially considering how much I love acting.  (One of my life goals is to have a role in one of the remakes!)  I have tried to see as many of these movies as possible.  However, I was incredibly busy last summer and did not get the chance to see Captain America: The First Avenger in theaters as I had planned.  Luckily, it was not absolutely necessary viewing prior to seeing  The Avengers this summer (a fantastic film!), but Avengers definitely piqued my interested in the Captain's Hollywood experience.  I watched the movie the following weekend and I would venture to say that after the Sam Raimi Spider-Man trilogy (the web-slinger is my favorite hero), Captain America is my favorite superhero movie to date.  I loved the combination of history and heroism and Chris Evans's Steve Rodgers was so wonderful and endearing (and a huge contrast to his egotistical, Tony Stark-esque character, Johnny Storm in Marvel's Fantastic Four movies).  I loved the 1940's fashion in the film as well; everybody wore simple pieces but looked effortlessly put-together and polished.  I was inspired to put together a few outfits inspired by the film.  Enjoy!!

Steve Rogers:

Steve Rogers: Captain America



Military Fierce:

Military Fierce: Captain America



Star Spangled Man:

Star Spangled Man: Captain America

The First Avenger:

Vintage Casual: Captain America

Love, Leaza

No comments:

Post a Comment